Thursday, August 18, 2011

Hair Bow Revolt

I've never been one of those moms who insisted on having a gigantic bow on her baby girl's head from the second she entered the world. While I've certainly put a headband or two on Ev in my day, I've tried not to let the, "he's so cute" comments bother me. Yes. My daughter has short baby-hair. It's growing at its own pace. Someday it will probably be awesome. For right now, it's really really short.

I'm cool with Everleigh bare-heading it most of the time :) But there are occasions when I have the PERFECT little bow that would match her outfit just right. And you know what? She outright refuses to let me put the bow on her. Doesn't matter if it's a super lightweight clip or a soft baby-bow or a tiny clear rubber band to pull up her bangs. Her hair is off limits and bows are a no.

She actually thinks they're pretty and likes to look at them in the mirror as she pulls them out of her hair and then sets them back on top of her head.

Sigh. So I guess my girl will remain bow-less and continue getting the little boy comments for awhile longer. I do think it's funny she's chosen to take such a hard line on something at such a young age. Rebel without a cause. That's my girl.


No comments: