Thursday, September 1, 2011

Nap Time

Today I came home early from work and played with my girl. She had a bumpy night last night and was obviously sleepy, but was hanging on to being awake for some reason.

So as a special naptime treat, I let her watch Dora on Mommy and Daddy's bed and then snuggled her to sleep. Because the computer was still within arm's reach, I couldn't resist doing a silent photo booth with my girl!

My job has been totally stressing me out lately, and one thing I'm working on is staying in the present moment--not worrying about the past or future at any given moment. It's pretty tricky but I've found this mindfulness practice really helps me feel happier and more connected to myself, my world, and my family.

Now that the first of the month has arrived and the stress level has dropped about 50 notches, I'm so glad I got to treat myself to some quality time with my favorite person and just be in the moment breathing in her lavender-scented hair while she napped in my arms.


No comments: