Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Dear Everleigh (1 Month!)



Dear Everleigh,

Today you are one month old. I never thought I could love someone as totally and completely as I love you. I am exhausted most of the time, and yet I cannot take my eyes off of you. I stay up sometimes when I should be sleeping just to stare at you. It's never enough. You are perfect in every way--even in the ways you're not ;)

You were born with a little fuzzy head and have slowly lost the front-top section but kept the rest. This makes you look like an adorable little balding man and I think it's just the best. Your Daddy says this is good, because you don't want to peak too soon in your good looks anyways. We both know you're going to be okay (I mean--look how great looking we are!). All joking aside, you are magnificent.

You always smell like a baby, which is an absolutely intoxicating smell. You're so soft and tiny and your eyes are so piercing and blue. The day after you were born, your pediatrician (Dr. Tenney) came in to look at you and stated, "she is SO aware!". And it's true. You're always looking, searching. You seem like an old soul.

As for me and Daddy, we're smitten. Tired, kind of overwhelmed and blown away, but smitten nonetheless. You've changed the way we look at ourselves and each other and the world. You are amazing.

All my love,

Mama

No comments: