Friday, May 25, 2012

A NEW DECADE

Today, I turn 30 years old. I have been so lucky to have had 30 healthy and beautiful years so far. As I kiss goodbye to my carefree twenties, I think of all the amazing memories of festivals, moments on stage, summers where bare feet and sundresses were considered standard dress. I recall amazing conversations with friends that lasted all night, of last minute road trips, of studies, studies, studies. Drinking too much, talking too much, reading too much, working too much.

I think of past loves and old friends. Of what I've traded in along the way to get where I am right now. And I feel absolutely, positively blessed.

Spending my first weekend away from Ev with Scott, and although I'm already missing her like I left a chunk of my heart back in Kansas City, I feel so grounded and happy and alive riding in the car, holding hands with my husband, listening to music way too loud with the wind in my hair.

Here's to a new decade for me. What will it hold? From where I'm sitting, it looks fabulous.

Cheers!

No comments: