Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A Look Back Before We Look Ahead

While I thoroughly enjoyed my holiday laze, I have to admit it feels good to be back to work, back to blogging, and back to taking care of businss ;)

The new year is always a time of new beginnings, and a time for reflection. 2011 was a big year for our family, and I thought it only right to reflect before moving forward:

January 2011: In my severe sleep deprivation haze, I spent way too much time trying to make Everleigh a baby dolly by hand


 

February 2011: Scott turned the big 4-0, and we celebrated in style.


March 2011: Everleigh got her first tooth (at nine months old) and took her first series of unassisted steps!


April 2011: We got pictures back from our first family photo shoot (by the amazing Jennifer Flanagan) and Everleigh slept through the night (only once) for the first time since being born.

May 2011: I turned 29 and reflected on birthdays post-kid; My step-daughter,Tory, graduated high school!


June 2011: Everleigh turned ONE, and we had a beautiful little outdoor cookout in the rain :(


July 2011: Scott had a big art show, and we celebrated the 4th of July with a bang.




August 2011: Scott started school at the prestigious art school, the Kansas City Art Institute (KCAI) and our schedules got a whole lot busier!



September 2011: Scott and I celebrated our 3 year wedding anniversary

October 2011: Everleigh was a bee for Halloween (a holiday she now calls "we-a-ween")

November 2011: Everleigh had a fun and chilly Fall photo shoot with Tina of In His Image



December 2011: We moved the week before Christmas, and it reminded us of what the holiday season is all about; Scott and I both had reunion shows for the holidays with our bands and got to be rockstars for a night!

1 comment:

GoodnessMeGoddess said...

I so love your handmade dolly! So precious. I loved seeing you girls and guy but it was waaay too short. I miss you tons! <3<3 Now on we go, into the future!