I am back with a vengeance, so look out!
Last week lots of exciting things happened:
- Everleigh started clapping her hands, which seems very fancy and generally makes me feel like I'm entertaining her with my every action
- I attended my Play Therapy Certification class, and learned a lot about diagnosing children and how it kind of sucks but is a necessary evil in our current system.
- I went to my preggo girlfriend's baby shower, hung out with other moms, and watched her unwrap THREE new Boppies. Wa wa wa. PS: One was from me. Thank goodness for gift receipts.
- I took Evie to visit a bud who just had a homebirth (she is awesome) surprise baby GIRL. Since her Intelligender test had said "Boy", almost all of her baby stuff was either specifically boyish or gender neutral with boyish tendencies, so Ev told me it was OK to pass along her super girly NB-6mo collection ;) Can I pause for moment here and say that no matter how well you think you remember, seeing a newborn baby is always surprising! They are SOOOO tiny and snuggly and amazing.
- I attended my first chics-only Happy Hour since before I was pregnant and had a blast
- While there, I met a super awesome little lady who plays music and has an artist husband and a little girl. She wants to start a band!
- I went over to my new music-buddie's house and jammed :) while our kiddos played
- My stepdaughter, T, got to come for a visit and hang with Miss Evie.
- We ate at a really weird, poorly lit, gross Chinese buffet that made us all feel funny
- I got some actual for real SLEEP (thank God). Little E decided to treat me to 5 1/2 hours of uninterrupted bliss, followed by another 3-4 hours of tossing and turning. I'll take it.