Monday, June 27, 2011

Reading List: Let the Baby Drive

Since becoming a mother, I've discovered that reading  is something that quickly falls off the list of things you'd like to do, right along with 1) taking a long, hot bubble bath 2) getting a pedicure and 3) going to live shows (which primarily begin after 10PM. yeah right).

But I've been lucky enough to find some quiet moments lately where I can curl up with a book, and I just had to share about this amazing find. Let the Baby Drive, is less of an instruction manual, and more of a personal account of motherhood that explores the joys and struggles of crossing over from cool, successful, confident woman to I-don't-have-a-clue mom.

It explores the mixed feelings parenting can stir up (I love my baby to death vs. this adorable baby is preventing me from being able to function), the weird world of trying to make "mom-friends", the strain a new baby can put on marriage (even when you're crazy about each other), and the major identity issues that inevitably surface along the way. The book is so candid and heartfelt, that I honestly cried as I read it, feeling like I had FINALLY found a friend who got it.

It's truly a must-read for new moms, "old" moms, and especially expecting moms. Check it out! Also, there's a website http://www.letthebabydrive.com/ oh me oh my.


No comments: